Off Page Optimization is where you will start to see your site jump up to search engine results page. You may not spot your rank immediately or right away, just be patient and you’ll eventually get there. Being on the top search is where you earn money.
However, it is imperative that you should take actions on the techniques which I will share on this post. I can’t go and make do you all methods taught in this blog. All I can do is to show you the system, processes and the skills that you need, but I can’t make you do it.
Every time I feel like not doing something for my blog, I always reflect and tell to myself that this is my business. It’s a real business that I have to put importance and worth. It’s a price I have to pay in order to succeed. Off page optimization doesn’t happen by itself, I have to make hours for it.
The key to a winning off page optimization is consistency. You have to put some time everyday to do this stuff. Set aside at least an hour a day and stick to it because that’s how you’re going to get results. That’s how you’re going to get to top search engine results. That’s how you’re going to earn MONEY.
Another crucial off page optimization necessity is to be very organized. I’m not exempted to this issue. However I’m working out to be one as much as I can by using simple tools like a spreadsheet and handy-dandy pen & paper. I can easily work on stuff to another and all of a sudden lose track of what I did.
OK, enough with my lecture. Let’s learn SEO through my Off Page SEO Tips.
Building Links – This is what off page SEO is all about. Building links from another website to your page. Search engine gives substantial significance to other website that has a link from their website to your website. They see this as a vote for your website.
So how do we get websites actually link to us?
- Create an awesome-killer article; website will freely link back to that page.
- Ask, request or beg.
- Build it yourself, ethically!
PageRank – In my opinion, PageRank is still relevant and important – however it shouldn’t be our main goal. PageRank is a signal that gives Google more significance and importance to that page. Each page of a website can have its own PageRank ranging from 0 to 10. The higher the PageRank, the higher the value. Here’s a video from GoogleWebmasterHelp how do PageRank works.
No Follow – This is when a webmaster inserts a code (rel=”nofollow”) to tell search engines “Don’t follow links on this page.” They want search engines to ignore any links leaving their site. If a link is ignored by search engines, that is not counted as a vote to your site.
However, it is still recommended that you build few of these links to your pages. This makes your off page optimization or your link building look more natural and organic. If you create all of your links from “Do follow” (opposite of no follow) sites, that will appear suspicious to search engines. And search engines doesn’t want their system to be manipulated or else you site will be penalized. Keep a good balance to these two kinds of links.
Link Velocity – Again, search engines want your site to build back links in a natural way. If you build 1000 links on the first day of you blog then stops on the succeeding days, that will come out as a spike to search engines. Then it will give the site an impression of being suspicious.
What you should have to keep in mind is the rate of creating back links. If you can manage to create 1000 back links per week to your site, then keep that pace until you reach the top search engine result. After that, you can gradually reduce the number of links until maintenance stage.
IP Diversity – Simply put it this way. 100 links from different websites coming to your webpage is far valuable than 100 links from the same website coming to your webpage.
Indexing – I talked a bit about indexing in my post: Introduction to Search Engine Optimization. Indexing is when search engines find a page where a link pointing back to your site is sitting. However, there are instances when search engine does not find this links immediately, especially when the page is newly created. So when you create brand new web pages, you need to help search engines find these links by inducing spiders or Google bots to index.
SEO Tools – You need tools to work with off page optimization. You don’t need to spend huge amount of money to look for effective SEO tools. However I will not stop you to invest on tools or applications that will help you ease the tasks in links building.
Get Instant “Do Follow” Backlinks From High PageRank Websites
To help you increase your site’s overall search engine raking, you need to get good and quality backlinks towards your site. There are a lot of ways to get backlinks to your site, techniques like; article marketing, blog commenting, link exchange, directory submission, social media network and social bookmarking, and a lot more. Although the choices are many, you need to focus your task on getting backlinks on high quality and high PageRank websites.
First, what is PageRank?
In plain words, a PageRank is an indicator of the quality of a particular page on website. By quality I mean the number of links that the web page has pointing to it rather than the actual quality of the content on the page.
A page rank is a whole number from 0 – 10, where 10 is the highest quality and 0 is the lowest. Page Rank applies to a page on a website, not to the whole website.
Now that you have knowledge about what PageRank is, let’s get our hands dirty and start building backlinks to our website. On each section, I will give you my top 5 websites for that particular technique. Let’s begin.
1. Blog post commenting. This is the easiest but a bit tricky. All you have to do is read a blog post, and leave a meaningful comment with your link in it. Here are blog worthy to comment on.
Tips: I do not recommend commenting on auto approve blogs. Very rare that these sites pass link juice to a website. Make sure to be wise on your efforts. Also, don’t just add you comment, make it relevant and worthy to be approved by site admins. You can do this by toughly reading the article and understanding what the writer is trying to say.
2. Web Directory Submission. Another great way of getting instant backlinks to you site is through web directory submission. Here’s a list of high PR directory sites.
3. Social Bookmarking. Social Bookmarking was originally designed to provide a place online where you could bookmark anything you personally felt was important or content you may want to access in future much like your own bookmarks on your PC. It then evolved to sharing this content online with others searching for information and the content was tagged and placed in folders so people could easily find the information with a simple search.
4. Community or Forum Engagement. If you place a link in a high traffic forum or leave a comment on a popular blog, you will get direct traffic as a result to your web site or blog. This is the best possible type of back link, it produces direct tangible traffic and comes from a high PR web site so passes on the link juice to your own site.
5. Web 2.0 Profile links. Profile links still provide good quality back links providing you manually submit to high PR web sites. Dont consider buying profile link packages though because they are submitted to auto approve web sites that carry little or no authority therefore provide very little benefit. The following all allow profile links to be placed manually so well worth a few minutes work.
Do you have you own list of high PageRank websites that you can share in this post?
Don’t forget to leave your message in the comments section.
All the best to you,
You may find these related articles interesting too!
Search my site here