First of all, thanks for accepting my interview. This email interview blog post will be published under the “Interview with the expert” blog post series. I am deeply honored to feature you on my blog because you’re one of the people that inspired me to blog.
Below are my interview questions. Thanks in advance.
Tell us about yourself. How did you start working with the Internet?
Who are your influencers in the online world? How did they influence you?
It is hard to indicate who exactly influences me online. From time to time, I look for inspiration, business models, and monitor communities. The behavior of people, the insight I gain from their actions (and response gained), usually influence me.
How did iBlog start? Please give us a brief history on how did it start and who are the people behind it? And a sneak peak on the next event maybe…
iBlog – a brainchild of Atty. JJ Disini started in 2005. It was inspired by his fellowship experience in Harvard University where he saw bloggers and interesting personalities get together, sharing and exchanging knowledge.
iBlog10 will definitely be special. Currently in the planning stage and will post developments soon.
A lot of people, especially bloggers and internet individuals, see you successful with your advocacy. How do you fuel your passion and keep it burning long?
I think it is important that your goals have to be bigger than yourself. I love experimenting and trying new things out. Enjoy the lessons gained from failures and success.
What does it takes to influence someone online?
Build relationship by 1. Share resources that can be useful to your target audience. 2. Respond to users concern or queries when they ask or need it. 3. Provide opportunities where shared, beneficial experiences can take place.
But for issues or concern, I follow these steps: http://www.influentialblogger.net/2008/04/8-tactics-to-influence-people.html
How can someone become an authority in his/her chosen field?
By becoming a reliable and consistent resource person in that field. Provide additional resources, including other authoritative persons- who can help users gain more insight in achieving their goals. Recognize the reality that no one can claim to be the best or number one as the online field evolves quickly. Being humble and respectful of your peers can help you last long in this industry.
What do you think is the current state of e-commerce in the Philippines? How to see it in the next 2 to 3 years?
It is important for our e-commerce growth to be measured accurately and tracked regularly if we want to achieve higher levels of growth.
Do you have suggested readings on internet marketing and online influence?
- Your Network is your Net Worth
- Love is the Killer App
- Get to the Top of Google (David Viney)
What are your steps to success?
- Form sustainable movements – http://www.influentialblogger.net/2011/03/11-lessons-in-forming-sustainable.html.
- Form level 5 Tribes – http://www.influentialblogger.net/2010/01/building-tribe-can-you-lead-us.html
- Decide on your target number / goal and pursue it. – http://www.influentialblogger.net/2008/04/getting-100-true-followers-fans-members.html
- Keep transforming. Be a change maker. – http://www.influentialblogger.net/2009/03/change-maker-7-tools-for-transformation.html
- Be fascinating. http://www.influentialblogger.net/2010/12/7-ways-to-fascinate-persuade-captivate.html
- Be friendly and likeable. http://www.influentialblogger.net/2008/07/boost-your-friendliness-and-likeability.html
- Always be kind to others. http://www.influentialblogger.net/2010/04/pursuing-spiritual-path-to-happiness.html
- Lead to benefit others. http://www.influentialblogger.net/2013/02/9-insights-from-servant-leader-workshop.html
Important lesson to learn if somebody wants to pursue an online career?
- Be creative with your market offerings. Stand out. – http://www.influentialblogger.net/2008/06/three-steps-to-spark-marketing.html
- Strive to be remarkable to become memorable. http://www.influentialblogger.net/2008/03/challenge-in-staying-remarkable.html
- Don’t fall in love with your ideas on how to get things done too soon. Always test it. http://www.influentialblogger.net/2008/03/creating-project-ideas-that-stick.html
- Let go when things don’t work. Start anew. http://www.influentialblogger.net/2009/12/12-questions-to-ask-before-quitting.html
How can we connect with you?
Via Twitter – @digitalfilipino
Taking the e-commerce boot camp for free at http://ecommercebootcamp.digitalfilipino.com
Taking the digital influencer boot camp for free at http://influencerbootcamp.digitalfilipino.com
End of interview…
Don’t forget to leave your message in the comments section.
All the best to you,
You may find these related articles interesting too!
Search my site here